The Freestylist is a patented constant counterbalancing mechanism designed to support your hair dryers weight while you’re using it. It was invented to help stylists avoid and alleviate carpal tunnel, shoulder and arm problems associated with holding their dryers weight. A stylist can now move their dryer up, down and all around, the dryer feels like it’s floating weightlessly in their hand.
An unintended benefit of the system was it totally eliminated all cord tangles. Cords tying themselves in knots, getting caught on the chair or client and the mess of cords on the floor are no longer a problem you have to endure. Most salons using the Freestylist now keep their flat irons and clippers in a draw leaving the floors pristine.
In less than one second without moving a step a stylist can now have the dryer in their hand and running.
If you want to see a short video clip watch it here. While watching bear in mind the dryer is so weightless the stylist, Daniel, can hold it with two fingers.
The Freestylist is becoming a standard item in every salon. Stylists using the Freestylist knows it makes doing blowouts enjoyable. The most common statement you will hear from a stylist that has been using the Freestylist is “I can’t do hair with a regular blow dryer any more”. This is a video that explains the Freestylist a little better.
When you’re ready to remodel or upgrade your salon good ideas can come from seeing what other salons have done. Our galleries offer you great remodeling ideas, check them out here.
There are three types of Freestylist to choose from.
1. RA350 is our fully remote contriol unit. You are able to have full control of the dryer’s resting height, as well as how light or heavy you would like the dryer to feel in your hand. These adjustments can be made by using a handheld wireless remote control. When you pull the dryer down, it turns on automatically. Learn More
2. MA220 allows you to have full control of the dryer’s resting height by using a screw adjustment in the back of the unit. How light or heavy your dryer to feel in your hand is set in the factory. When you pull the dryer down, it turns on automatically. Learn More
3. MA120 allows you to have full control of the dryer’s resting height by using a screw adjustment in the back of the unit. How light or heavy your dryer to feel in your hand is set in the factory. Your dryer turns off and on using the dryer’s switches. Learn More
The Freestylist is designed to be installed directly over your client’s head. It is very important it is installed in this position.
The first part of installing the Freestylist is understanding what is the best installation method for your salon. We provide pictures in our gallery to better help you make that decision.
Installations are divided into 6 major categories.
1. Drop ceilings / suspended tile ceilings
2. Above-the-ceiling installation kit
3. Rough-in installation kit
4. Suspended installation kit
5. Light platforms
6. Custom designs
The first 5 categories are our standard installation methods. You can learn more about them by selecting our Installation overview page on your left. Freestyle Systems can design different installation methods and cabinetry if you would like something customized and completely different.
You will decide which dryer you want to use with our system. We have many different brands of professional dryers to choose from. You can submit your favorite dryer for possible adaptation if we don’t carry it… Go to our dryer overview page for details.