The Freestylist is a constant counterbalancing mechanism designed to support your hair dryers weight while you’re using it. It was invented to help stylists avoid and alleviate carpal tunnel, shoulder and arm problems associated with holding their dryers weight. A stylist uses their hair dryer like they normally do except now the dryer feels like it’s floating weightlessly in their hand.
The system totally eliminates all cord tangles. Cords tying themselves in knots, getting caught on the chair or client and the mess of cords on the floor are eliminated.
The system optimizes blow drying efficiency. In less than a second the stylist can have their hair dryer in their hand and running. This video clip demonstrates the Freestylists efficency > View here. While watching keep in mind the dryer is so weightless the stylist, Daniel, can hold it with two fingers.
When the value of the Freestylist is fully understood it becomes a must have item in your salon. Stylists using the Freestylist knows it makes doing blowouts much easier. After 4-5 blowouts stylists arms start getting tired, with the Freestylist that doesn’t happen. The most common statement you will hear from a stylist that has been using the Freestylist is “I can’t do hair with a regular blow dryer any more”. This video helps explain the Freestylist.
There are two types of Freestylist to choose from.
1. RA770 is our fully remote contriol unit. You are able to have full control of the dryer’s resting height, as well as how light or heavy you would like the dryer to feel in your hand. These adjustments can be made by using a handheld wireless remote control. When you pull the dryer down, it turns on automatically. Learn More
2. MA440 allows you to have full control of the dryer’s resting height by using a screw adjustment in the back of the unit. How light or heavy your dryer to feel in your hand is set in the factory. When you pull the dryer down, it turns on automatically. Learn More
The Freestylist is designed to be installed directly over your client’s head. It is very important it is installed in this position.
The first part of installing the Freestylist is understanding what is the best installation method for your salon. We provide pictures in our gallery to better help you make that decision.
Installations are divided into 6 major categories.
1. Drop ceilings / suspended tile ceilings
2. Above-the-ceiling installation kit
3. Rough-in installation kit
4. Suspended installation kit
5. Light platforms
6. Custom designs
The first 5 categories are our standard installation methods. You can learn more about them by selecting our Installation overview page on your left. Freestyle Systems can design different installation methods and cabinetry if you would like something customized and completely different.
You will decide which dryer you want to use with our system. We have many different brands of professional dryers to choose from. You can submit your favorite dryer for possible adaptation if we don’t carry it… Go to our dryer overview page for details.